Our nominated Data Protection Officer is Christopher Bridges.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2View Properties needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. This includes information from tenants, landlords, guarantors, contractors and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Protection Act 2018, once in force, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2View Properties is a data controller.
The Data Protection Act 1998 describes how organisations must collect, handle and store personal information. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or on other materials. To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully.
The policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handles and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards and to comply with the law.
This data protection policy ensures 2View Properties:
- Complies with data protection law.
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners.
- Is open about how is stores and processes individuals’ data.
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
- Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Your name, address, email address, phone number, employment status, student status, and other information you provide as part of any landlord application, tenancy application or guarantor application.
- How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information in line with our data retention policy, namely that we will only retain it for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it.
The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
- To allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- To collect information about how you use our site.
- Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in our office and a backup server located in the UK managed Crash Plan Ltd. In addition, physical data (for example tenancy agreements, application forms and guarantor’s agreements) is stored securely in our office.
- Your Data, Your Rights
We only use your personal information for operational purposes and do not use it for marketing purposes.
- Requests to access, change, or remove your information will be handled within 30 days.
- Right of Access to your information: if you require access to the personal data we hold about you then please contact us via our ‘contact me’ option on our website.
- Right to Rectify your information: If you believe that the information we hold about you is incorrect then please contact us via our ‘contact me’ option on our website.
- Right to Erase your information: If you do not want 2View Properties to hold your personal data any longer then please write to us via post at 2View Properties, 39A Queens Road, Leeds, LS6 1NY
- Right to Restriction of Processing: If you believe that your personal data is inaccurate, or that 2View Properties is processing your personal data unlawfully and you do not want your personal data erased and you wish to restrict the processing of your personal data, then please contact us via our ‘contact me’ option on our website.
- Right to Object: If you believe that there are no legitimate grounds for processing your data, then please contact us via post at 2View Properties, 39A Queens Road, Leeds LS6 1NY.
If you wish to complain to 2View Properties then please write to us write to us at 2View Properties, 39A Queens Road, Leeds, LS6 1NY.
If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Disclosure of information
2View properties. complies with and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 in the United Kingdom. We take all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to and use of your personal data.
Any personal details that we use to provide or promote our products and services to you (e.g. name, address, email address, telephone number, or any details of the services you have purchased or about which you have enquired) will not be passed to any third party organisation for marketing purposes without your permission and will not be used by us for any purpose other than that which you requested.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However to protect your data we put in place various security procedures including use of firewalls, backup measures, we limit access to data to relevant personnel and password protect all machinery holding personal data.
We collect personal information when you submit a form on our website. This typically consists of your name, email address and a contact number, although the more information you provide the better we can help you with your property requirements.
At 2View properties we will ensure that data is used for no other purpose than to facilitate your search for a property or tenant for your property.
Our web site or an embedded component from a trusted partner may automatically create a 'cookie' when you visit us. A 'cookie' is a piece of information that is held on your PC, which enables our website to recognise you on subsequent visits and allows us to tailor your visit to your specific requirements.
As the 'cookie' is based on your PC we are unable to recognise you if you visit any of our websites from a different PC unless you register with us. If you do register then you will be able to login from any PC using your pass-code. 2View properties's use of 'cookies' does not include the collection of any personal information regarding the use of your PC or internet browsing in any way.
If you do not want a cookie to be created on your PC, web browsers such as Netscape and Internet Explorer provide the option to disable them. Please note that some personalised services on this site may not be available if you choose to disable cookies. You can read more about cookies and their use at the Interactive Advertising Bureau's dedicated website: www.allaboutcookies.org